We will kick off our fifth season of Upward Soccer soon.
Volunteer to serve as coaches, referees, host families, concession volunteers, field set up volunteers.
Upward Soccer is more than just a soccer league. We truly desire that the league will be a ministry tool for us to connect with families, share the gospel, and disciple kids. This means that this is a church effort, not just a kids and families thing, or something just for the soccer gurus. This also means that we want (and need!) you to be involved. There are many ways to help with Upward. Please prayerfully consider these opportunities, then click below to sign up for how you would like to serve.
- Coach - Lead a team of 10 players. This involves weekly practices for 10 weeks and weekly games for 8 of those weeks. Coaches are also responsible for ensuring that team devotions happen at each practice, even if someone else if doing it. Ongoing training will be provided throughout the season.
- Referee - As a referee, you will need a little patience and a little thick skin, but we will train and equip you throughout the season. There will be multiple referees on each field for each game. You will be running 2-3 games each Saturday morning for the 8 week season.
- Team Host - Upward calls this position a "Host Family," but you can serve individually, as a couple, with a friend, or as a family. The bottom line is that a host's role is to intentionally interact with the parents and families of your assigned team. You would do this while attending as many games and practices as you can, and maybe interacting off the field too.
- Prayer Commissioner - In order for Upward Soccer to be effective as a ministry and not just a soccer league, we must seek the Lord's help and ask Him to be at work in and through what we are doing. The Prayer Commissioner helps to recruit people who will commit to pray throughout the season, and keeps the church informed on what to pray about each week.
- Setup & Teardown - Practices are happening 3 nights a week and then, of course, games are every Saturday. There's a lot of stuff to get set up each day, and then put away when practice or games are over. This is a simple, but important way to help!
- Concessions - Each Saturday we have a concession stand set up to sell snacks and drinks to players and their families (proceeds help support the cost of the league). Concession stand workers also help provide a halftime snack to players as they gather for halftime devotions.
- Providing Scholarships - There are several families every year that want to participate, but have difficulty affording the $100/child registration fee, especially if they have multiple children. You can make that happen!